Thoroughly clean your rim, so the rim tape can be installed without forming bubbles.
Hint: Use a truing stand for installing the rim tape. If you don't have
one, just use your bike instead.
2. Tubeless converion
- Install the rim tape overlapping about 3 cm over the valve hole. Pay attention not to leave air bubbles
and make sure the tape is properly aligned.
- Make a hole for the valve and put it into your rim carefully.
- Now you can install the tire and fill in sealant.
- Nun kannst Du Deinen Reifen montieren und das Reifendichtmittel in den Reifen
Hint:There are two ways to do this: Either just put the tire onto the rim
on one side and fill in sealant from the bottle (as shown in the video) or install the tire completely
and fill in sealant through the valve hole using an off-the-shelf syringe.
- Now use a compressor to inflate the tire. A loud "plopping" noise signals that the tire has taken its
place in the rim base.
- Close the valve and give the wheel a couple of rotations, so that the sealant is evenly distributed.
Now you can check if your tubeless system is airtight. When setting it up for the first time, it may take a
couple of rides until the sealant has done its job and the system does not lose any air. Done!
Hint: Check if there still is enough sealant left inside your tires regularly. For
refilling, just use the valve hole and pour in additional sealant if necessary.